Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cool Jellies

Last weekend we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I love it there. One of my favorite parts is the Jellies. They are just gorgeous and Monterey Bay has done such a wonderful job of displaying them. They are backlit and in the "Jellies as Art" display, the tanks are framed so they look like paintings. I could stare at them for hours. I just found out that the display will go away on September 15th to make way for a seahorse exhibit. While I look forward to the new exhibit I will really miss the jellies. I'm so glad I got to see them once last time.

1 comment:

smariek said...

They are gorgeous! I saw them the last time I went there a couple years ago. I can't believe the exhibit is going away, doesn't look like I'll catch them one last time. I could sit and stare at the Kelp Forest all day long.